Monday, January 12, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Well it’s another year and new resolutions to get started on and to break in about a month. LOL! The holidays’ were good. Ed & Deb came out and visited with us for Christmas. They had a rough time getting here but they made it. Tyler had a lot of fun. He really enjoyed opening up all of his presents. He couldn’t understand why all of the presents were there for him. We keep telling him that Santa came. He finally understood that part because later in the day he came up to tell us that Santa came. It was definitely a year Tyler really got into Christmas.

Our New Year’s was pretty good. We went over to a friend’s house and hung out with a bunch of people. There were a lot of kids there so Tyler played a lot. We didn’t really stay long. We didn’t want to drink too much and then have that bad hang over feeling the next morning. We are to old for that stuff now.

Tyler is doing really well. He is really catching on with this potty training stuff which I am really excited about. Last week he went to daycare and didn’t have one accident. That was the first time. He is getting so big and is really starting to talk and pick up on more and more words. The other day he said to me “Mom, you’ve got to be kidding me.” I just started to laugh. He was telling me a story and decides to add that to it. The stuff he comes up with is pretty funny. My favorite is when he come to me and says, “Mom, guess what?” and I say “What”…”I love you.” And then he gives me a big hug. Some days you just can’t handle him and other days he is the best kid ever. I guess that’s what ever parent goes through.

Joel is doing great. His new scheduled started for work. He works Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m. It’s an okay shift; he definitely likes the group he works with which is the better part for him. He is getting ready to have his surgery. His surgery is schedule for February 6. He is excited and nervous at the same time. He is nervous about the pain but is excited to have his nose corrected and to be able to breath like a normal person.

As for me, there really isn’t anything new. I just enjoyed two weeks off from work and now I am trying to get back into the swing of things. It was really crazy at work last week but things seem to have died down a little. With the economy and everything our company has definitely seen a change. I am just lucky that I have a job right now. There are a lot of people that I work with that their spouse has been laid off. It’s really a tough time right now.

Well I hope everyone had a great holiday. Take care and have a great 2009!!!!

No comments: