Friday, January 16, 2009

It's the weekend finally!!!

Well let’s see…there really isn’t anything new going except our weather has been getting warmer (at least for the next couple of days) and Erie’s weather has been going the other direction. I am just glad that the weather is getting warmer here because I am getting tired of this cold weather.

Tyler is doing really well. He went to Mrs. Koby’s yesterday and he is going to daycare today. Since Joel doesn’t go to work until later he is taking Tyler in later. I think he is finally out of diapers (except for night time). He actually stood up and peeped for the first time yesterday at home. He got a kick out of it because I put some cereal in there. He turned to me and said you have to put some milk in their too. I started to laugh and told him that we don’t put milk in the toilet. They have smaller potties at school so I know he has been standing up and going but at our house the toilet is too high; so yesterday I brought over the stool and he stood on it. He still gets excited about going on the potty and he has to announce it to everyone when he is done.

Tyler loves the out doors just like his father. He is always talking about the elk, deer, antelope, dinosaurs, etc that he sees every day. He is always shouting something. It’s pretty funny. He is really into matchbox cars. He loves to push them around and play with them. We lined them up last night and then had the monster trucks jump over them. He is total boy.

Tyler also loves playing football and basketball. Boy does he have an arm on him. There are two new ladies at daycare and they both have commented on his arm and how well he throws the ball. I just start laughing and tell them he is definitely going to be an athlete. He always wants to play basketball at home. It’s a good thing we bought him a hoop for his birthday last year. It’s definitely getting used (everyday).

Joel is doing well. Nothing new has changed with him besides his work scheduled changing which I mentioned in the previous posting. He goes back to work today. Yesterday, Joel took Vinnie (the other guys he carpools with to work) and Vinnie’s father (who is in town) out east to go bird hunting. They didn’t see much but they had fun.

As for me, nothing new. I am just glad right now that I have a job. They just had a big lay off on Wednesday and approximately 350 people were let go. I hope things get better at work because I definitely don’t want to be laid off right now with the way the economy is. Some of my friends at work were let go and they are now in a tough situation. They have families that they need to support. I hope things get a lot better with the economy. Who knows? We will just have to wait and see.

Take care.

No comments: