Monday, August 11, 2008

August 2008 Update

Well I thought I would be much better at this journal thing then I have been. Sorry. I guess a little entry here and there is better then nothing.

So I guess I should start with Tyler. What a great kid he is. He has such a personality. We were watching the Olympics last night and he was trying to doing everything they were doing. When diving was on, he would try to dive like they did. When gymnastics was on, we would pretend he was doing tumbling. It was pretty funny. We definitely have an athlete on our hands.

This past weekend Tyler became a big boy. He started sleeping in his big boy bed and then yesterday he started to use the big boy potty. It’s like a light bulb went off in his head. This morning he came out of his bedroom and told me “I did it Mommy”, meaning he slept in his own bed. I asked him if he liked it and he said “Oh yeah.” My little baby is not a baby any more.

He is doing really great at daycare. It has gotten a lot easier to drop him off. He just now walks in and doesn’t cry any more. When we pick him up from daycare, he loves to show us stuff he has done in the play ground – like show us how he rides the bike or can go down the slide. It’s really cute.

Joel is doing great also. He is getting fired up for the hunting season – go figure. He still likes his new shift – which it has worked out a lot better then I thought I would. We are hoping he can get the same schedule for next year. There is no SWAT training for him this month but next month he has training. He still loves doing that also.

I am doing great as well. Things seem a little slow around work but it’s the season I guess. I am thinking about look for another position within the company but we are on a hiring freeze right now so I will just have to wait.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. Last Friday on my way to work, I saw something that I have wanted to see for a really long time. Guess what? A Moose. It was really neat. It was hanging out in the middle of the road. It just looked at me and started to move really slowly into the woods. I forgot to take a picture because I was in such awe. Now, my next thing I want to see is a mountain lion.

No comments: