Monday, March 31, 2008

MONDAY, MARCH 31, 2008


Well there is a lot to talk about.

First, Vegas was a lot of fun. The weather was really nice. All we wore the whole time was shorts, shirtsleeve shirts and sandals. It was hard to come back to Denver with the weather being a little cooler. I can’t wait for nicer weather. We gambled a little, walked around a lot, hung out at the pool, and gambled some more (oh and drank some more). We found a place that had $1.00 beers and $0.99 margaritas. You can’t beat that. We went with our neighbors Ryan and Cari and Vinnie and Kim.

Second, my parents moved back to Erie. They packed up their stuff last week and moved back. They left on Thursday and got to Erie on Friday. Their trip back went really good. They are moving into an apartment this week.

Since my parents moved back we put Tyler into day care. Eagles’ Nest (
http://www.eaglesnestelc.org/) He started last Friday. He will only have to go to day care on Monday’s and Friday’s. Joel and I will watch him the other days. He liked going last week, but I think he was excited to see us pick him up. He already got a cold from another playmate of his. He was up last night and he couldn’t get back to sleep. You could tell his breathing was bothering him because his nose is stuffed up. Today when I dropped him off at day care they got a fish tank in the toddler room. He just loved it. All of the kids were coming up to it and checking out their new friends (thank god they didn’t notice the one floating upside down on top of the tank – he didn’t look good). We went swimming on Saturday and played basketball in the gym. He had a lot of fun. He loves to swim.

Besides Tyler having a cold, he is doing really well. He is such a character. It’s amazing how much he loves his daddy. When dad’s working and we are at home he is always going to the sliding glass door and asking for dad. He looks for his truck and then I tell him that dad is at work and then he starts to cry. So then I pick up the phone and we call dad.

Work is going really well for Joel. He had a SWAT call the other day (if you hadn’t already heard). A man barricade himself in the ER entrance of the Boulder Community Hospital. One of the SWAT members’s ended up shooting the man. The man, later on in the evening, ended up dyeing after surgery. That’s never a good ending but if the guy actually had a really bomb on him it could have been worse. I got some pictures of Joel off the Daily Camera (Boulder’s local newspaper -
http://www.dailycamera.com/). I was just trying to find them but I couldn’t. Anyway, things are going good with his new shift and he has been carpooling with Vinnie (who lives up by us and works with Joel – they are both on the same schedule) so we have been saving on gas and mileage.

As for myself, I am doing well. Tyler is keeping me busy. I think we might go to the recreation center in Jefferson County to burn off some of his energy. I just can’t wait for the nice weather to come. I am getting tired of this cooler weather.

I hope everyone is doing well. Take care.

No comments: