Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday, February 29, 2008

WOW! I can’t believe its going to March next week. Time fly’s fast.

Vegas Baby!!!! Yes, we are going to Vegas, well Joel and I are, Tyler is going to hang out with the grandparents. We are going with our neighbors (Ryan & Cari and Vinnie & Kim). I am pretty excited to go because Joel has never been there. We are staying at Planet Hollywood Hotel and Casino (http://www.planethollywoodresort.com). They just opened it in November 2007. It’s a pretty cool looking place and is in between everything. We are going March 23 thru March 26. We got a pretty good deal.

Joel’s new shift is going well. I think he is enjoying it and I think he is getting more sleep (or I should say he is sleeping a lot better). He had some SWAT training in the beginning of this month. I don’t know if I have told you but he got a new truck. We traded-in the Ford F-150 for a Nissan Titan. It’s really nice.

Tyler is doing well. He loves his trains and trucks. He is definitely a boy. He is really starting to talk more and more. There are some things we just can’t figure out but I am sure we will eventually. I took him swimming last Saturday. He loved it. We were throwing the ball back and forth in the water.

Work is going good for me but I am always keeping my options open. I have put some of the scrap booking things on hold for right now. I haven’t had much time since Joel started to work the weekend. I have been working out at the gym (trying to lose the baby weight). It looks like it will be a never ending battle now.

I hear things are going good in Erie. My parents are coming back for a visit next week. No, they are not bring Tyler with them. Sorry! I wouldn’t ask them to do that. It’s a little bit of a challenge, especially when you have layovers (which you always have when you are flying back to Erie).

Let’s see, what else.

Tyler and I are planning on coming home for Mandy and Alex’s wedding. We are not sure about Joel (because there are several days out of the year that no one at work is allowed to take off and he thinks it’s that weekend – he is looking into it). I would like to come home shortly because I haven’t been home in awhile. I was thinking about, if my company closes again for the week of 4th of July, then I will come home for that (and just hang out).

The weather here has been great this past week. We are supposed to reach the 80’s tomorrow (Saturday). We shall see. But then on Sunday it’s supposed to snow again.

Well I think that is it for right now. I hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda. Dad and I are here hanging out. Just reading the updates on what's going on with you guys. Hope you are having a great time in Vegas. Thanks for keeping up the blog. It's great to hear what you guys are up to.

Talk to you soon,
Jenny