The big game is tonight – Broncos vs. Browns. GO BROWNS!Our visitors left yesterday morning (grandma Linse & grandpa Burick). I think Tyler is a little upset over it. He was talking to me last night about how grandma and grandpa are gone and he had a sad face.
I think they had a good trip. Grandma Linse made a huge accomplishment with Tyler she got him to go on the potty. This morning I was getting him ready to go over to Mrs. Koby’s house and he wanted to sit on the potty and put big boy underwear on. So we did. I am hoping it works out today. You just have to keep asking him every 20 minutes if he has to go (and most of the time he says no, but if you make him go to the bathroom he will end up going on the potty). This is one thing I do not enjoy doing – potty training. I am hoping that grandma Linse made a break through. Keep your fingers crossed.
The weather – well it definitely turned on the day our visitors were leaving. Last night it was so windy at our house. When I got home from work it was 18 degrees and it was snowing very lightly. I thought when I was doing to wake up this morning that there was going to be more snow but there wasn’t. It was just really windy. It kept me up last night. We had the wood burning stove going last night which really helped out. I can’t get over how much that keeps the house warm. When we were leaving this morning (it was still really windy) I noticed, as I was pulling out of the driveway, that our neighbors swing set had blown over. I hope nothing was damaged. We had a couple of things fly around but nothing really big.
We are glad the election is over. It didn’t go how we wanted it to go but it is what it is and there is nothing we can do about it. At least we voted and put our say out into the world. We hope America made the right decision but only time will tell. I just thought it was funny how Colorado voted on our Amendments. We have a lot of amendments (way more then what Pennsylvania had). We had approximately 18. Anyway, majority of the amendments were to increase taxes one way or another. Of course, I voted against anything that increases our taxes. When I checked the results yesterday morning on what passed and didn’t pass, I was really shocked to see the results. None of the amendments, that wanted to increase taxes, passed. I thought that was funny and I made a comment to a friends at work (who voted for Obama). She said well we can’t increase taxes right now with the way the economy is. I started to laugh at her and she said what was so funny. I said well you voted for Obama and he wants to increase taxes. I asked her “Are you contradicting yourself? You voted for Obama but you voted against increasing taxes???” She couldn’t answer that questioning. Very interesting how our society is. I guess that’s what makes America, America.
Well take care. I can’t wait for the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment