Monday, September 28, 2009

Bull Down!!!

Well he had to wait for the last day at the last hour but Joel did it. He killed an elk; a 6 X 6. Congrats! He had been wanting to kill a 6 X 6 for some time now and he finally did it Sunday evening (September 27). I don't think I have ever seen Joel so excited about a kill. Way to Go!

Tyler is doing well. He is trying to be a big helper with his little sister (sometimes a little too much). He was so excited to hear that dad killed an elk. Sunday night he keep asking to see it and he keep putting his shoes on but we told him that the elk was still in the woods and dad was going to get it the next day. As soon as dad drove up today with the elk in the back of the car Tyler was yelling out "Wow! That's a big elk. Nice job dad." It was pretty funny. I think we have a little hunter on our hands.

Megan is doing really good. She is still on oxygen but is doing really well. When she is awake and when we drive down below she is allowed to be off the oxygen. She only has to have it when she sleeping or feeding. It's amazing to me how different she is from Tyler. She is a really great baby; which I am glad. She sleeps 4-5 1/2 hours at night before being feed. She has a really laid back personality (which I think she gets it from her father). She doesn't cry much only when she is hungry and when we change her diaper. We are really excited to come home for Thanksgiving to see everyone and show her off.

It's been crazy handling two kids now. Tyler is having a hard time understanding that Megan is kind of the first priority (sometimes). He doesn't understand that when she cries we have to take care of her first. He is slowing starting to tell us what she needs when she starts to crying (sometimes he is right and sometimes he is wrong).

I am doing really good. I am surprised how my recovery has been; it's been a lot better then it was with Tyler.

Everything else is great. We hope things on the home front is good everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lost your email address and have been wondering how you were.

Found this journal in my folder and SURPRISE!! Totally awesome.

Alot has happen with us since the last time we spoke. Will have to get together. Give me a call when you are home @ 814.838.2634 home or 814.397.8133

Take care & miss you
lori wallis