Thursday, November 08, 2007

It's the Holiday Season!!!!


Well I have written in a while and I figured I would check you up on some things. Colorado is good. The weather has been really nice for November. It’s kind of scary. I have been seen a lot of deer and elk (more then the hunters have been seeingJ. They should just tag along with me.).

Tyler is getting big as always. He is such a character and we can’t wait for you to see him. He loves to tell stories (of what? we don’t know). He babbles and then starts to point his finger at things as he talks. Every morning, on our way down to grandma and grandpa Linse’s place, we past a construction zone and he loves to look at the big trucks. He always points at them and then he starts to tell a story. We have been trying to get him to say truck but he won’t. He does really well with words. If you ask him to say something he normally tries to say it but he only gets the syllables out. I figured that is better then nothing. My brother, Jake, and his wife, Danielle, got a dog last week and Tyler is not a big fan. They got a golden retriever and they named it Cooper. Cooper just wants to play and Tyler doesn’t like it because every time they start to play Cooper knocks Tyler down. I think it’s kind of funny. Tyler also started gymnastics classes last week. I think he really like it. It’s good him to get out and to play with other kids. He is so cautious; it’s pretty funny too. What a character!!

Joel is doing well. He wants feeling to well for awhile and when Ed came out Joel got a prescription from the doctor of an antibiotic. He had been having sinus problems. A week into the antibiotic he was like a different person. He started to sleep a lot better and he wasn’t congested any more. He has this week off from work; well he really doesn’t have off from work; he is just staying home. He has a background check he has to do for a potential new hirer. He has been going out hunting in the mornings (for deer) but hasn’t been successful yet. It’s really nice to have him home this week. He will be putting in for shift bid here shortly and he is going to try to get day shift. I think this will help him with a lot of issues he has been having with his sinuses and sleeping. I believe he has SWAT training this coming week.

As for me, I have just been busy with Christmas shopping. Yes that’s right; it’s that time of year. I am actually half way done with my shopping which I am really excited about. I promised myself this year that I wasn’t going to wait around until the last minute. I even have my Christmas cards done. I am just waiting to put them in the mail. I have been doing some scrap booking things. My neighbor, Cari, is big into scrap booking and she invited me to an all day workshop last Saturday. Talk about a nice time away from the little rug rat (not that I don’t like playing and hanging out with Tyler; I just need some me timeJ). I actually learned some techniques and I am thinking about starting to do more. I use to do arts and craft things all the time (before I met JoelJ).

In two weeks, Joel and Tyler will be home. I hope everyone gets a chance to visit with them (or at least TylerJ). I am sure there is a schedule for Tyler time so if you are interested you better contact Deb. J

Oh one more thing before I go, I believe most of you already know, but if not, I have changed the picture site. The new site is http://burick.dotphoto.com/. I think (and I have already received some comments about it) that this site will be much more user friendly then the other.

I hope everyone is doing well in Erie (besides the snow). Take care.

No comments: