Monday, June 11, 2007

BEAR!


Well, as of Friday I had nothing really to report, but today I have something to report.

Yesterday started off as any other Sunday. Tyler got up and we were hanging out. Then later in the afternoon, we decided to go for a hike. After we got back we were making dinner and then Tyler woke up from his nap. Joel decided to give him a bath and I started to do some wash. The dogs started to bark and I thought maybe our neighbors came over. As I was doing all of this, I was talking to Deb. I started to head over to the sliding glass door to put the dogs away (assuming that it was our neighbor at the door) and then come to my surprise there were bears at our door. I screamed bear and Joel came running out of the bath with Tyler. I put the dogs in our guest bedroom and Joel, Tyler and I stood by the door and watched the bears. While we where watching the bears we were trying to look for the camera. We took the camera with us when we went for a hike and I thought maybe we left it in the car. The bears moved away enough that Joel jumped into the car to look for the camera. He said it wasn’t in the car, so I started to look around the house again. I found it and we started to take some pictures. I wish we got some pictures of them on our deck but we didn’t. They were licking the keg that we had on the deck. Mean while all of this was going on I hung up on Deb (sorry about that). Joel got in the car and drove around and took a couple of pictures. I went into Tyler’s room to put a diaper on him. (Yes, he had no diaper on him this whole time.) The whole thing was kind of funny. Joel came back and he said he was going to go get more pictures, so Tyler and I hopped in the back seat and I started to take pictures.

The bears were pretty big. The one was probably over 500 pounds. They both were black bears, but the male was a cinnamon color. He was huge. They both were just cruising around looking for something good. Boy, were we surprise. I have never seen a wild bear before.

So I guess this was an exciting thing to report to everyone. I hope you enjoy the pictures. They are on my picture site under the 2007 Misc. folder.

No comments: